Sunday, November 1, 2015

Closing this book, yet to open another.

The past few months have been a little of a whirlwind. A while ago, I was watching my close friends leave one by one, going on to pursue the next stage of their career. And I was awaiting my turn, knowing it's just around the corner. Before I knew it, housemanship ended. What's next? It's an independent journey of pursuing your dream. whether it's a certain area of specialty, building a family, getting that dream house or visiting a beautiful foreign country. What's next is a journey of self improvement and reaching life goals while not forgetting your roots.

To be honest, it can be pretty scary. After settling in my comfort zone in Sibu for the past 2 years, I'm moving on. Going back to Kuching. Guess i'm lucky in that sense to be posted somewhere near home.

Nostalgia kicks in as I countdown my last few days in this quaint old town with undulating roads that I have grown so familiar to. There are so many things here that I will miss. The workplace, colleagues and bosses. The hospital canteen that sells chinese food (oh so rare). The kopitiams' foochow food (seriously love foochow food). The old school cinema and my fav Nichii store. The cute kiddos in my uncle's house.

Many friends have gone on to district hospitals, clinics or stayed on in Sibu, becoming medical officers who carry big ass responsibilities for patients. There are many bosses whom I look up to as role models, bearing astounding qualities that I strive to have. Stepping into their shoes now.

Solemnity aside, vacation was real awesome. :P The snow capped mountains, blue lakes, green pastures that I could only imagine from my Geography textbook 10 yrs ago (ok la 12 years ago), came to live! Not just pictures of the sheeps and alpacas, but real ones. :P hehe. Baaaa!

Auckland city, the capital of NZ with the Skytower in view


The Luge. Super fun ride, like a go kart. they also have challenging trails for seasoned Lugers.
The hot spring and geyser at Rotorua
Lake Rotorua in the wee hours of the morning. 

Cherry blossoms!
Cudnt help doing this shot hiding behind the cute bushes xD oh so furry looking
Alpacas
Lake Te Anau
The rocky mountains at Milford Sound National Park
Queenstown lake

Where i did not bungy jump. lols. I have not overcome the fear.
Some awesome choc wrappers. 
A common sight along the bus trail. More sheeps than peeps!

Lake Tekapo. Loving the icy mountain range behind the crystal blue waters.

A little friend I brought back. His name is Scott. :P Brother says it looks like a dog?? I beg to differ!

And... Boracay was a trip up north to Philippines filled with beautiful sandy beaches, blue skies and sea, sipping on cocktails by the seaside with the live band playing

The fabulous four reunited!
 
U can take a ride on a yatch during the sunset. Totally worth it. 

Obligatory photo of coconut trees
A glimpse of the turqoise coloured sea
Every trip had its memorable part. Our trip to Krabi two years back saw us suffering from severe muscle ache after 3 hours of kayaking and climbing 1000 steps up a hill. (really damn painful, sleepless nights can die)
This year, quote Shalisha, we had the whole slumdog millionaire experience. We went to boracay during the monsoon season (i forgot to check the weather before booking the air tix) so it was rainy on alternate days. (all the awesome pictures were taken on the sunny days lol) unfortunately on our snorkelling day it rained like crazay so we were chill to the bones and shivering in the boat and waded through ankle deep waters on some streets to get back to our hotel. xD note to self, no more island trips in the future and to check the weather before deciding on a trip destination.

A few memorable shots from not too long ago.
the girls i can talk absolute nonsense with
grace's farewell to hkl
HO night 2014 with dearest Durga
ortho gang from first posting
the lovely girls in my cell group
So..... goodbye Hospital Sibu, hello clinic!

No comments: